Paillard Bolex Reflex Camera H16 REX With Kern Switar 25mm f1.4 RX Lens
Paillard Bolex H16 REX From 1959
Serial No. 169379
- Highly polished duraluminium body, covered in genuine Morocco leather. Metal parts are chrome-plated.
- Takes 100ft (30m) daylight loading spools of 16mm film.
- Automatic threading and loop forming. The end of the film is simply placed in a channel leading to the feed sprocket. The release is pressed and the film is then automatically threaded throughout the entire mechanism.
- Constant speed, spring motor mechanism; governor controlled. Large winding handle folds downward and attaches to camera when not in use. Spring cannot be over-wound. 8:1 external drive shaft permits the attachment of an electric motor.
- Rotating turret with folding lever; Accommodates three interchangeable RX type C mount lenses; Built-in turret lock lever.
- Viewfinder 6x magnification; Reflex viewing with semi-reflecting prism system; Groundglass focusing; Adjustable to eyesight. The camera comes equipped with an Octometer viewfinder.
- Built-in slot holds a gelatin filter behind the taking lens and in front of the shutter.
- Speed 12, 16, 18, 24, 32, 48 and 64 frames per second
- Provision for the making of continuous exposures by a finger-tip release on the front of the camera. A side release allows for locked, hands-free running or single frame exposures.
- 145 degree variable shutter; Operated manually to decrease exposure time, or with accessory Rexofader to accomplish fade-ins and fade-outs.
- Footage counter adds and subtracts accurately in forward or reverse motion and automatically returns to zero when film is reloaded into the camera.
- A distinct click announces the passing of each 10 inches of film through the gate. This mechanism may be disengaged, if desired, by simply moving a lever.
- Twin dial counts frames individually and in total; Adds frames in forward motion and subtracts when film is wound backwards. Dial may be reset manually at any time.
- Time lapse and animation is possible by using the side release button or an accessory cable release and adapter; I-T lever allows for timed or instantaneous single exposures.
- Clutch disengages spring motor and permits forward movement and backwind without running down the spring; allows for dissolves and superimposition.
- Tripod socket 3/8″ thread
- Dimensions 8.5″ x 6″ x 3″.
- Weight 5.5 lbs.
Condition: Good working order. No damage. Minor marks from use.
Camera winds up and operates well.
Includes a Kern Switar 25mm f1.4 RX Lens. Lens is clear. Focus and aperture work well. Minor ding to outer front of lens means it won’t accept filters, otherwise in perfect condition.
Good condition with only minor marks from use.
Shipping, fully insured with carrier.