Paillard Bolex P3 8mm Movie Camera SOM Berthiot Pan-Cinor Zoom Lens & Case
Classic 8mm Camera dating from 1963 with highly polished duraluminium body, covered in genuine Morocco leather. Metal parts are chrome-plated.
Specification of the P3:
- Constant speed, spring motor mechanism; governor controlled. Generous winding key, attached to the camera, folds back against its side when not in use. Spring cannot be over-wound.
- SOM Berthiot Pan Cinor 8-40mm f/1.9 zoom lens with power-zoom control (powered by two batteries). The P3 Zoom reflex used the same zoom lens as the earlier Bolex P1 but offers a power zoom feature; two levers are located on the side of the lens for zooming in and out.
- Reflex viewfinder with built-in coincident image rangefinder; Adjustable diopter for eyesight correction.
- Variable Speed: 12, 16, 18, 24, 32, 48 and 64 frames per second.
- Adjustable dial changes the shutter opening from 0-165 degrees to allow for shortened exposure times and fades.
Condition: Cosmetically it is in good condition for its age. It is a used camera so there are some very minor marks from previous use. Runs well and all mechanical controls tested working.
Exposure Meter and Power-Zoom untested (need batteries) so may not be working. Manual zoom working along with aperture control and focus ring.
Includes purpose made Hand-Grip and Spare Reel.
Also includes a lens hood with filter holder and all in an original hard protective case with shoulder strap.
This is a lovely camera well cared for and in working order, ideal for the Bolex collector.
The black branded case is in good condition with shoulder strap.
The camera can be kept in the case with the grip attached.
You will not find a better example of this popular movie camera.