Paillard Bolex H8-T 8mm Vintage Movie Camera
Manufactured in Switzerland by skilled craftsmen, the Bolex camera was known for its precision and versatility.
Paillard Bolex H-8 T 8mm Movie Camera.
Serial Number: 179992 From 1960.
- Highly polished duraluminium body, covered in genuine Morocco leather. Metal parts are chrome-plated.
- Takes 100ft (30m), 50ft (15m) and 25ft daylight loading spools of double run 8mm film. When a roll runs through the camera, only half the width of film is exposed. The spool is then reversed and run through again, exposing the other half. When processed, film is split and spliced together giving twice the amount for projection.
- Automatic threading and loop forming. The end of the film is simply placed in a channel leading to the feed sprocket. The release is pressed and the film is then automatically threaded throughout the entire mechanism.
- Constant speed, spring motor mechanism; governor controlled. Large winding handle folds downward and attaches to camera when not in use. Spring cannot be over-wound. 8:1 external drive shaft permits the attachment of an electric motor.
- Rotating turret with folding lever; Accommodates three interchangeable D mount lenses. The top position allows for critical focusing through a magnified groundglass screen.
- Variable Speeds 12, 16, 18, 24, 32 and 64 frames per second
- Release Button provides for the making of continuous exposures by a finger-tip release on the front of the camera. A side release allows for locked, hands-free running or single frame exposures.
- 145 degree aperture shutter.
- Footage Counter adds and subtracts accurately in forward or reverse motion and automatically returns to zero when film is reloaded into the camera.
- Twin dial counts frames individually and in total; Adds frames in forward motion and subtracts when film is wound backwards. Dial may be reset manually at any time.
- Time lapse and animation is possible by using the side release button or an accessory cable release and adapter; I-T lever allows for timed or instantaneous single exposures.
- Clutch disengages spring motor and permits forward movement and backwind without running down the spring; allows for dissolves and superimposition.
- Tripod Socket: 1/4″ or 3/8″ thread
- Dimensions: 8 1/2″ x 6″ x 3″
- Weight: Approximately 5 1/2 lbs
Good condition. Fully working. Minor marks from use.
This is a vintage camera and will have wear and tarnishing from age.
Includes a free Eye-level focuser that allows for critical focusing through the magnified groundglass screen.
Includes free Kern-Paillard lenses, a 13mm f2.8 Standard Lens and a 36mm f2.8 Telephoto lens, both with built-in lens hood and lens caps. Other lenses are also available.
Includes a free side mounted Parallax correcting Octameter viewfinder giving exact viewing field for lenses of focal lengths: 6.5mm, 12.5mm, 25mm, 36mm, 50mm and 75mm.
Also includes 2 spare reels.