Paillard Bolex D8L 8mm Movie Camera With Hand Grip & 13mm f1.9 Lens
Serial No: 765286. Good working condition with working exposure meter.
- Highly polished duraluminium body, covered in genuine Morocco leather. Metal parts are chrome-plated.
- 25ft daylight loading spools of double run 8mm film. When a roll runs through the camera, only half the width of film is exposed. The spool is then reversed and run through again, exposing the other half. When processed, film is split and spliced together giving 50′ for projection. Projection time at 16 fps for 25′ roll is 4 minutes.
- Constant speed, spring motor mechanism; governor controlled.
- Generous winding key, attached to the camera, folds back against its side when not in use. Spring cannot be over-wound.
- Turret: Accommodates three standard D mount lenses.
- Viewfinder: optical type; adjustable dial shows the scene as viewed by focal lengths of 12.5mm, 25mm and 36mm.
- Accessory prism attachments allow for filming with 5.5mm lenses, and for parallax correction while filming at close distances.
- Film speeds: 12, 16, 18, 24, 32, 48 and 64 frames per second.
Continuous exposures can be made by a finger tip release button or cable release. Running operation can be locked to prevent accidental exposures, or set for continuous hands-free filming.
- Adjustable dial changes the shutter opening from 0-165 degrees to allow for shortened exposure times and fades.
- Precise reading of exposed film footage. Audible end-of-film signal. Resets to zero upon reloading.
- A cable release socket allows the user to expose single frames for filming animation, titles, etc.
- A photoelectric cell measures light through the lens. Two needle indicators in the viewfinder are then aligned by adjusting the diaphragm on your lens, resulting in proper exposure.
- Tripod socket: 1/4″ thread
- Dimensions: 5″ x 3 1/2″ x 2″
- Weight: Approximately 28 oz.
Excellent Working condition with sweet sounding clockwork motor.
Working exposure meter.
Good outer condition with no damage. Minor marks from being used.
Complete with a take-up spool.
Various other D-mount lenses (Standard, Wideangle & Telephoto) by various manufacturers are also available separately.